How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 34908
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Dear Sirs. I have a question... I'm interested in obtaining

Customer Question

Dear Sirs.
I have a question... I'm interested in obtaining a certificate of domicile.
I understand that since the beginning of the 2015 UK give the same rights to people, who've been residents in the UK for over 15 years with the same rights as who've been born in the UK.
I've lived in the UK for over 17 years and I'm British citizen for over 6 years.
How and where I could apply for a domicile certificate?
Thank you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.Could you explain a little more about what it is that you want to achieve?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I need to have a certificat that gives me rights to be British not just by naturalisation but by birth. Certificat of domicile give all rights to thous who live in the uk for over 15years to be "adopted" as a UK borne citizen... I hold 2 passports. Russian and British. When I'm on Russian soil. Russia doesn't "recognise" other citizenships. For Russia I'm exclusively a Russian citizen. I couldn't travel yo Russia until I hold this certificat. That gives me rights to be protected and recpected as a British citizen. And then, my question... Were and how I could apply and get my domicile certificat?
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Who has told you that such a certificate exists?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Clare, if you don't know, I'll go to another expert. Thank you.
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
There is no such Certificate used in the Uk - although other countries do have them.There are other certificates you MAY be referring to which is why I asked where you had heard about it as I would then have a chance to identify the actual form you are asking about