How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I have been resident in the Uk since May 2004 on work permit

This answer was rated:

I have been resident in the Uk since May 2004 on work permit and student visas and currently with a spouses visa. I want to apply for indefinite leave to remain.
My two longest absences were 91days in 2005 and 119 days in 2006. others were only very short and the total days absence in 11 years is 282. Both of the long absences were whilst awaiting for new work permits. UKBA help desk assures me I can apply. I need an independent view
You are fine to apply, the absences are not a problem.
All the best
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you