How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7674
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

Gentlemen lawyers I wonder if my daughter is entitled to

This answer was rated:

gentlemen lawyers
I wonder if my daughter is entitled to British nationality, she was born here in the UK, when she was born my wife has her residence and lived here for four years, and I have Spanish nationality and certificate of British residence and living here for 5, and both work.
Thank you for your attention given
Thanks for your question.
What is your child's date of birth please?
How long had you been working in the UK for when your child was born please?
Kind regards,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My daughter was born on July 26 this year, when my daughter was born and I was 5 years working

When your daughter was born you had been working contiuously in the UK for 5 years correct?
When your daughter was born had you already obtained "Permanent Residence"?
Kind regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, and he had obtained permanent residence

Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
Your child is a Uk citizen automatically. Please refer to the third bullet point under the heading “Children of EEA nationals” on page 7 on the following link:
You will see that if your child was born after 2006 (she was) then she will be a Uk citizen if you had been born in the UK exercising treaty rights (ie. working) for 5 years.
Therefore, your child is a UK citizen under section 1.1.b of the British Nationality Act 1981, This means that you can apply for her passport provided that you can prove the circumstances of her birth.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Thomas and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you