How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 34908
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am a British Citizen.My daughter was born in Australia

Customer Question

I am a British Citizen. My daughter was born in Australia and we have arrived in England and want her to attend an independent school. We are intending to apply for a "right to abode" for her, as I do not have anyone here that has known me for 2 years - therefore can not as yet apply for her British passport (citizenship). Can my daughter attend the school while the "right of abode" application is pending or does she have to wait until full approval ?

Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.


Thank you for your question

My name is Clare and I shall do my best to help you

Were you born in the UK?