How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

My Filipino girl friend is applying passport

This answer was rated:

My Filipino girl friend is applying for a passport for the first time. She has obtained her birth certificate. Unfortunately her surname on the certificate (Abugaa) is not spelt the same as her her current surname (Abogaa). All her other documentation is in her current surname. What can she do about this?
She may make a statutory declaration saying that she is known by two names, Abugaa and Abogaa and that both these names refer to the same person.
Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you