How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7673
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

Bulgarian woman currently working full time in UK is married

This answer was rated:

Bulgarian woman currently working full time in UK is married to Albanian man who wishes to come to the UK to live with his bulgarian wife.
What does he need to do with regards ***** ***** for permanent stay?
Hi Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you. The Albanian citizen needs to apply for an EEA family permit first on the basis that they are a non-eea citizen married to an eea citizen (Bulgarian) exercising her treaty rights in the UK by working. He will have to apply for and obtain an EEA family permit in order to secure his right to travel to the UK. He will need to apply for it before he can travel. Details here: Once he has come to the UK on her family permit he will be eligible to apply for a residence card which confirms his right of residence in the UK on the basis of the marriage:- It will confirm his right to reside here for 5 years. At the end of this time she will be able to apply for a Permanent Residence here if she wishes and has not spent significant time outside the UK: My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question. Kind regards,Tom
Thomas and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you