How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Here is what we are trying to do: We are a USA based C Corp.

This answer was rated:

Here is what we are trying to do:
We are a USA based C Corp. that creates medical software. We would like to open a branch office in England. My wife is a UK citizen and I am a USA citizen. We have a home in both places. I want to be able to travel to England as often as needed to start up and run the England office.
My wife and I both own the company.
From what I have read, we need a COS so I can apply for a Inter-Company-Transfer visa.
Not sure if that is correct or not. Is there something else we should do?
You need to apply for a spouse visa which will enable you to live and work in the UK.
The application should be made on the basis that you both intend to live in the UK as a couple and once you obtain the visa, you may come and go as you please but you should try and spend majority of your time in the UK if you wish to obtain settlement eventually.
Hope this helps,
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry that is jot going to work for us. I still run my company in the USA and need to be there about half the time and the other half in the UK. So what am I to do?