How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I have been working years under a Tier 2 (General) Visa

This answer was rated:

I have been working for 2 years under a Tier 2 (General) Visa and my wife with the Tier 2 (Partner). For company's needs, my current sponsor offered me a settlement agreement, so I voluntarily terminate my contract. If I accept that agreement, I know they will notify UKVI and I will enter a 60-day curtail period. Can I, within the 60 days, accept another employment offer with the corresponding Visa sponsoring? or will I be restricted by the 12-month cool-off period?
There is no 12 months cooling off period applicable in your case, you are free to apply for another Tier 2(general) visa during the curtailment period.
All the best
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your prompt response. Just one follow-up, please: For the new sponsoring company, is the process to hire me different in any aspect, if they hire me while I am a Tier 2-Holder instead of doing it when I am in the Curtail period? I am asking because I am really concerned about timings, for example does the start date need to be within the curtail?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I would need to use the change of employment application form, even if I am in curtailment period?
You do not need to fill in a technical change of employment form as it is not applicable in your situation.
Your new job offer may be during the curtailment period or it may be before but your curtailment period and you may start your new job as long as you make a visa application before the expiry of your curtailment period.
All the best
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you