How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 6411
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I am wishing to apply visa wife to come to the

This answer was rated:

I am wishing to apply for a visa for my wife to come to the UK to live. She is a Chinese citizen. I have enough savings to meet the financial criteria but I have a bank loan which I took 3 years ago which I pay back monthly, with no difficulty. As I still owe the bank £4000 will this have to be shown as negative to my savings.
How much savings do you have, and for how long have you had these savings? Are they in a UK bank?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have £ 21000 which is in the Halifax for more than 2 yrs but I need £ 18700 to show as savings as the visa does not allow our two pensions to count only mine. If I have to declare the loan as negative equity it means I only have £17000.

You do not need to declare the loan as that is a separate matter between you and the bank.

You should use £21,000 as your savings figure. However, you will also need to show an annual income of £16,600 as your savings are not enough on their own to satisfy the financial requirement.

Can I clarify anything else for you?
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you