How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7942
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

My name is***** a permananet resident in th UK

This answer was rated:

Hello , My name is***** a permananet resident in th UK . i got my ILR through spouse visa route with the old rules but at the moment seperated from my british partner due to voilent behaviour towards.. just wondering if i will have my ilr revoked because shes threathen me and i already reported to the police and have a case number ***** her. thanks
Hi, Thanks for your question. When did you obtain ILR?When did you separate from your wife?Kind regards,Tom
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i got my ILR march 2015 and sperated august 2015
Thanks for your patience.
If it is the case that you obtained ILR and then separated from your wife 5 months later then you will probably be okay.
The home office will generally only revoke ILR where the is evidence that ILR was obtained as a result of deception, which essentially means that you have to have considered the marriage was a sham.
5 months is on the borderline of being suspicious, but the home office will only consider taking any action where they become aware of what has happened. So, if they don’t find out that you have separated then nothing will happen. I would try and avoid your wife informing the home office.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Thomas and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you