Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.

My name is***** a permananet resident in th UK

Hello , My name is***** a permananet resident in th UK . i got my ILR through spouse visa route with the old rules but at the moment seperated from my british partner due to voilent behaviour towards.. just wondering if i will have my ilr revoked because shes threathen me and i already reported to the police and have a case number ***** her. thanks
Hi, Thanks for your question. When did you obtain ILR?When did you separate from your wife?Kind regards,Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i got my ILR march 2015 and sperated august 2015
Thanks for your patience.
If it is the case that you obtained ILR and then separated from your wife 5 months later then you will probably be okay.
The home office will generally only revoke ILR where the is evidence that ILR was obtained as a result of deception, which essentially means that you have to have considered the marriage was a sham.
5 months is on the borderline of being suspicious, but the home office will only consider taking any action where they become aware of what has happened. So, if they don’t find out that you have separated then nothing will happen. I would try and avoid your wife informing the home office.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,