Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

I am on a tier 4 visa and brought a dependent spouse, we have

I am on a tier 4 visa and brought a dependent spouse, we have separated and have asked home office to cancel his visa. they have not responded , how long does it take
Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
It generally depends on how busy the particular home office department is, but if they are satisfied that you have broken up with him then they would write to him within a month of receiving your written confirmation of the breakdown.
They would write to him advising that his visa is curtailed and that he must leave the UK within 28 days.
However, if he does not leave within this time then although his leave will be terminated the home office may not physically send officers to detain him with a view to removing him from the UK. Instead, they may simply wait until he naturally pops up on their radar and then detain him with a view to deportation.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The time that I was writing home office he was outside the country, I thought he would be refused entry but he did come in, would it be that he was told of the curtailment when he was entering? What else can I do as a dependent visa he was supposed to be staying with me but now hes not. should I report his work place that his visa has been curtailed
It depends if the entry clearance officials were updated in time.
If they system the entry clearance officers have was updated in light of the curtailment letter then he would probably have been refused entry.
Basically I would keep quiet on the workplace until you are sure that the home office has curtailed his visa. I would wait until 3/4 weeks have passed from the time that you have written to the home office and then call them to find out if they have curtailed his visa.
Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
do you have a number that I cann find out if its been curtailed?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I wrote the letter on 22nd October
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
sorry not October but 20 September
I do not have a number I'm afraid.
I would wait another week and then attempt to call them, asking to speak to the office to which you wrote to them
Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
right because I updated on the system as well on change of my dependants, if they curtail do they attempt to notify the workplace?
No, they would not notify the workplace.
Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How can he appear on their radar?
If they do happen to physically apprehend him or if he were to apply for another visa (if he was able to re-enter the UK).
Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do they wait for one top find out from them or they would write back to say such a case has been dealt with
Could you please rephrase your most recent post? It's unclear what you are asking.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Does home office write back to give a response on the initial request?
Not necessarily. They completely overburdended so may only do the essentials - ie. advising your husband of the curtailment of his visa.
Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok thanks
You're welcome.
Please remember to leave feedback
Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
will do