How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7676
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

I am am eu national myself, ive been married to an uk national

This answer was rated:

Hi. I am am eu national myself, ive been married to an uk national and i have been in england for 3 years. Does that make me eligible to apply for uk citizenship?
Hi Thanks for your question .I'm afraid that if you have only been in the United Kingdom for 3 years then you will not be able to apply for UK citizenship yet.This is because you must have "permanent residence " before you can apply for naturalisation as a UK citizen. In order to obtain permanent residence you must have been in the United Kingdom for 5 years. Once you have permanent residence you can apply to naturalise as a UK citizen if you are married to a UK citizen still and have been in the UK continuously with minimal absences for 3 years though. Please remember to leave feedback. Kind regards Tom
Thomas and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you