How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7664
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

How can I privately sponsor a refugee currently living outside

Customer Question

How can I privately sponsor a refugee currently living outside of the UK? Would it matter if they were an unaccompanied minor?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your patience.
I am afraid that it is not possible for a UK citizen to sponsor a refugee in order for them to get entry to the UK. A refugee is judged on their own personal circumstances and completely separately to other UK citizens.
The only way that a UK citizen can sponsor another foreign national to come to the u k is bye being in a loving relationship and either living together for 2 years or by being married. Even then there is still additional criteria that one must meet period.
In summary though, you cannot sponsor a refugee ellesse you are in a loving relationship and then they must apply independently on this basis from the Refugee status.
I am sorry that I could not have better news for you. Please do remember to leave feedback on the basis of the advice being correct rather than whether or not you agree with it or like it.
Kind regards
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Is there any further information you require?
I just want to ensure that you are satisfied, so please let me know if you have any further queries on the information I have provided. If you have no further questions then please do leave feedback.
Kind regards,