How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7094
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I have come to the UK on a Tier 4 Visa with my wife

This answer was rated:

Hello. I have come to the UK on a Tier 4 Visa with my wife as my dependent. We are now separated, and I am no longer prepared to sponsor her visa, even more so because I'm unaware of her activities and worried about her mental stability. I will write to the Home Office and the Police on Monday, as their guidelines require. After I write them, how long until her visa is curtailed? If she attempts to enter the UK as my dependent three weeks from now, what are the chances she will be barred? I would preferer that she stays with her family at her home country as soon as possible. What are the relevant things for me to consider at this point?
As soon as you have reported to the Home Office and the Police, you will have played your part and the matter will then fall on the Home Office to act, outside your control. They may investigate and revoke her dependant visa but she may apply for another type of visa to remain in the UK depending on her personal circumstances.
There is no set time period for the Home Office to act within, how fast or slow they act depends on the Home Office entirely.
Hope this helps
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
She has no other grounds for a visa here.On the other hand, I would also like to be able to save my marriage, so I also wanted to know what would be the consequences for me if I decided to wait a couple of months before informing the Home Office and they find out she is not living with me anymore.
Your credibility may be affected if in the future you decide to sponsor anyone else for a visa.
You should inform the Home Office immediately there is a change of circumstances e.g. You are not living together as a couple.
All the best please leave feedback
UKSolicitorJA and 3 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you