How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 10944
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

Can an israeli citizen come to live in the UK with his/her

Customer Question

can an israeli citizen come to live in the UK with his/her partner who is british & belgiun and lives in the Uk already?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 2 years ago.
1. Yes an Israel citizen can come to live and work in the UK as the partner of a Belgium/British citizen on either an European Economic Area family permit, or else on a Family permit. The EEA family permit is more advantageous as there is no application fee and it allows the Israeli citizen to move throughout the EU. The application is made from outside the UK and the visa granted is for six months initially. Then a residence card is applied for and this continues until the Israeli citizen is resident in the UK For five years when an application for settlement or permanent residency can be made. Citizenship can then be applied for one year later.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 2 years ago.
2. The downside of getting a UK Family permit is that your partner must be earning in excess of £18,600 per annum AND there is an application fee.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 2 years ago.
3. Please RATE the Answer as unless you RAte the answer your Expert receives none of the money you have paid the website so there is no incentive to answer any further questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
if the Israeli is already in the UK?