How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I am canadian,i wanted to know if i am already working

Customer Question

I am canadian,i wanted to know if i am already working on tier 2 visa for last 3 years, and next year i wanted to do masters so ill apply for atudent visa,will that interfere with my application for ilr?
Thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
If you switch to a tier 4 visa, you will then only be able to apply for ILR after 10 years in the UK lawfully. If you continue as a tier 2 migrant, you will be eligible for ILR after 5 years.
All the best