How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7676
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

My wife currently works in the UK, she is on a spouse visa

This answer was rated:

My wife currently works in the UK, she is on a spouse visa sponsored by myself, I have recently discovered that she is actually in a full time relationship in her own country, so will be advising the curtailment team. Can she continue to work ? ? Or can she apply for her own visa without my knowledge ?
Hi Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.Once you have advised them that you consider the relationship to have irretrievably broken down they will write to her advising that her visa has been curtailed. At this point she would cease to have the right to work and would have to leave the country unless she was able to switch to another visa. The home office would not inform her employer though.Unless you have a child together or if she has a employer who can sponsor her for Tier 2 general (sponsored skilled worker) purposes then it’s not likely that she would be able to make a successful new application for a visa. It's possible that she could make this without your knowledge assuming she has access to all her documentation. My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question. Kind regards,Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
to add, married sept 2007, daughter born may 2008, lived in saudi arabia from feb 2008 - july 2009, lived in the uk on a visit visa together until she returned to russia alone with daughter to seek work/ielts (doctor but cannot work in the uk) did not return to the uk untill jan 2014, i returned to saudi arabia feb 2014 where i still work. i recently found out she has been living with another man throughout her time in russia and is still in a relationship with him. we mantained our relation by skype.
Hi, If she has a child in the UK then there is an outside chance that she would attempt to apply on this basis, but would probably need your input in order to be sucessful and if you are permanently based in Saudi then it makes it less likely still..Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the fact that we have not lived together since feb 2010 and our daughter spent 5+ of her 7 years in russia, basically living with another man ? i believe now that she took advantage of the type of work i do to get a visa, could this affect any application ? ?
Hi, Potentially this could present problems for her in making a new application, yes.Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i'll make it 5 stars if you could confirm whether she needs my input for a parent application, or whether she could do it alone . .
Hi, Highly likely she would need your input assuming that the child has not been in the UK for longer than 7 years and that you remain outside the UK.Tom
Thomas and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you