How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 35087
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Please l want to find out if you've been granted leave to

Customer Question

Please l want to find out if you've been granted leave to remain and you have recourse to public funds, are restricted from getting a council property?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Hi Thanks for your patience.What commercial property are you purchasing? Lease or freehold Tom
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HIThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** my colleague has simply been the victim of a site glitch - my apologiesProvided you do not have limited leave to remain you are entitled to apply for Council Housing and to claim housing benefit.The lack of Social Housing may mean that you face a long wait for Council housing - but you will be entitled to Housing Benefit to help pay doe a private rental.I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare