How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 35042
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am wanting to cancel my wifes indefinate leave to remain

Customer Question

hi i am wanting to cancel my wifes indefinate leave to remain visa in the uk she is originally from pakistan and came over on a marriage visa i was her husband and i am a uk national. she has been in the uk for around 8-10 years
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youI am afraid that you do not have the power to cancel her ILR - only the Border Agency has that power if they consider that she has breached the terms of her stay hereI am sorry Please ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So if i was to tell the UK Border Agency that we are no longer married theoretically there would be no reason for her to enter the UK is that correct?
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
I am afraid that her ILR is not dependent on her remaining married to you and informing them of the divorce will not change her right of entry