How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7672
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

I am a british citizen working as a Doctor in UK 23

Customer Question

I am a british citizen working as a Doctor in UK for last 23 years. I would like my parents to obtain a permanent residential status in UK as they need my care.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
This is a very restricted category of visa I’m afraid.
The relevant visa is an adult dependent relatives visa. Please refer to the section at the bottom of the following link titled “Coming to be cared for - you’re an adult dependent relative” for information:
You would have to show that your parents meet the eligibility criteria listed in the bullet points. You would have to do so by showing that your parents meet the eligibility criteria with documentary evidence.
I would start by honestly considering with your own personal knowledge of your parent’s circumstances whether you think they meet the eligibility criteria.
If you think that they do then you should book a consultation with a local immigration solicitor and take along what documents you have gather so far and asking them to give you their opinion on whether they consider they that meet the criteria.
If the solicitor confirms that an application is possible then they will advise you of the further documents that you will need to produce to them so that they can draft the application for your parents so that they can apply,
If successful their visas will be granted for a period of 27 months and you would have to apply to extend it once they have come here. Once they have reached 5 years in the UK you can apply for indefinite leave to remain for them, which is the right to stay in the UK permanently.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,