How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 34888
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Good morning I currently have a situation I share a 7 year

This answer was rated:

Good morning
I currently have a situation I share a 7 year old child with a non British citizen and he has been in the country for a number of years now, we are not together and I have been raising the child mostly by myself with little input from his father since my son was born. My sons father is now approaching the end of his 5 year visa to remain in Britain and needs my help with certain documents which need to been seen by the home office to support his claim application to remain in the UK. The documents he needs from me goes as follows, Childs Gp letter confirming the involvement in my child's life, Childs school record, and introduction letter from the school confirming the applicants involvement in the child's life. If he was helping me raise my child as he was suppose to be I would gladly give him all the documents that he requires but I am a bit relluctant to as he hasn't played much of a role I feel in his life, so anyway to break it down I wanted to know if I did decide to provide him with the documents which he requires is there any law or can I get any agreement with the aid from the home office which he could sign staying that he would vow to help me raise my finactially consistently, spend time with him consistently and just generally share the role of a parent with me instead of leaving all raising to me, and if he doesn't comply there would be consiquenses for his actions.
HiThank you for your question.My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.Does he pay maintenance and how often does he see the child?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I tried to make an arragement with him to pay £100 a month for the welfare of his child a few years ago and he agreed to it at first and made a couple of monthly payments but then I noticed he won't pay some months or would only pay half the amount and never make up the next month for the other half, bare in mind that he owns his own business and likes to flaunt the fact that money is no issue to him. I on the other hand have a young baby that I am currently looking after at the moment so I am not in any employment I am currently claiming income support until my daughter (with a different father ) is old enough for me to leave so that I can look for employment.My sons father only sees my son when he says that he has time I did try to make an arrangement with him to see my son on a set day every week it worked for a few weeks but then he started slacking on the days we had arranged for him to see him and started making excuses because he was to busy, so to answer your question there is no proper arrangement where he sees him every Friday for example it's just whenever it's convienient for him which is not fair on me at all
I am afraid that if you co-operate then there are no conditions that can be attached - the Home Office will not do this.However you can apply to the CMS for child maintenance at 12% of his gross income; and you are entitled to insist that there is either a set pattern for contact or no contact at allI hope that this is of assistance - please ask i f you need further detailsClare
Clare and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you