frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

The only British passport I have held is a British Visitor'd

The only British passport I have held is a British Visitor'd passport that expired in 1976. Do I apply for an Extension of a passport to full validity or do I apply for My first British passport?
If you are a British national you can apply for British passport. You can apply for a first adult passport if you are 16 or over and have never had a child passport.
I hope this clarifies your enquiry.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This doesn't answer my question. Which of the two do I apply for an Extension of a passport or a First British Passport.. The British Visitors Passport was valid for one year and was issued to UK Citizens for travel to most European countries
The British Visitor's Passport (BVP) was abolished in 1996. BVP is not accepted as evidence of British citizenship. If you have never had a child passport and you have evidence of being a British citizen then you can apply for a first adult passport.
I hope this clarifies your question.