How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 845
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

Thomas I have an immigration question? I am a British Citizen now. I came in 2005 as

This answer was rated:

Hi Thomas
I have an immigration question?
I am a British Citizen now. I came in 2005 as child and now I want to bring in my mum(55), my sisters (25,17,15) and a brother (16). Back in 2005 I lost my family and now found them so need to know if i can bring them here. Any solution?
I am able to answer your question. Are you happy for me to assist you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hi FrantzI would appreciate if you can answer my question.thanks
Thank you for your patience.
The provisions of Appendix FM category "Adult Dependent Relative" provides the opportunity for an adult British citizen to sponsor parents over the age of 18, siblings over the age of 18, grandparents or a children over the age of 18 to settle in the UK. The adult British citizen is regarded as the sponsor.
There are essentially relationship and financial requirements to meet.
The Immigration Rules state: "If the applicant is the sponsor’s parent or grandparent they must not be in a subsisting relationship with a partner unless that partner is also the sponsor’s parent or grandparent and is applying for entry clearance at the same time as the applicant."
There must be evidence to show that as a result of age, illness or disability your parents require long-term personal care to perform everyday tasks. There must also be evidence to show inability, even with the practical and financial help from you, to obtain the required level of care in the country where they are living, because-
(a) it is not available and there is no person in that country who can reasonably provide it; or
(b) it is not affordable.
The applicant must provide evidence that they can be adequately maintained, accommodated and cared for in the UK by the sponsor without recourse to public funds and be required to sign a 5 year undertaking.
Please note that applications under this route are extremely difficult to success without robust evidence.
I hope this clarifies your question.
frantzgregory and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you