How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 780
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

I applied 2013 marriage visa, I was refused because my

Customer Question

I applied 2013 for a marriage visa, I was refused because my wife stopped work. Home office held my passport and ask me to return home.
I refused to leave United Kingdom I have a British +2years son and I don't live with him but I have parental responsibility order and child arrangement order for my son.Can I apply for FLR(o) as an overstayed?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your enquiry.
We don't give advice here or advice on any specific forms to use but if you are making an application to remain as a partner or parent and you have overstayed, you can rely on the exception to allow you make an application within the UK if there is a genuine and subsisting relationship with a partner or a child who is in the UK and is British. Applications made under the exception are generally made on FLR(FP). This type of application is problematic so you ought to seek independent legal advice if you are going to make this type of application.
I hope this is helpful and if so don't forget to click rate before you leave.
I wish you all the best.
This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.