How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 35063
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I'm a British citizen i have plans to get married in India,

This answer was rated:

I'm a British citizen i have plans to get married in India, and bring my wife over to the uk.
what are the requirement and processes?
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information first.How much do you earn and does your partner speak good English?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
when i was employed i was earning £15,000 per year ive got a new self employed position earning gross about £19,000 per partner speak no English
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi there
I'm still waiting for my answer.
My apologies for the delayYour partner will have to pass an English test before she can come to the Uk and you cannot apply for the spouse Visa until she can do so.You will also need to show that you have in fact received the amount you say for the last six months before you will be able to apply.These restrictions are set out here ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what about accommodation, I live with my parents with brothers and sisters in a council flat.
That is not an issue - you just need to meet the financial and language requirements
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
In terms of my accommodation situation I live with my parents council house?Wil that be an issue? Also can you tell me the name of the form I need to fill in?
Your accommodation will not be an issue
Your fiancee needs to pass the English test and you will need to establish your income
You can find the application forms here
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The fiancee what level of English is she required to pass, also the name of the course.
Details here
Clare and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
im confused does which Minimum CEFR level required A1 OR B2?