How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 766
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

Im Italian, resident in UK and working with good contrat

This answer was rated:

Hi, im Italian, resident in UK and working with good contrat .My wife is not italian and her 2 children are over 18; can i apply visa for them? Wich status attend them (children) in UK visa immigration?
Can i apply in UK 5 years visa for the 2 children?
Thank you for your help.
Sincerely yours
Thank you for your enquiry. Please don't forget to click rate before you leave.
As an EEA national exercising treaty rights as a worker, the right to extended residence for your family member is set out in Reg 14. You can apply for a document called a residence card to evidence your wife's children's status and right of residence.
Please note that those who are older than 21 but still dependent for example students supported by their parents, should qualify even if the children are of the non-EU citizen. So generally this would include a child from a previous relationship or from before the EU-citizen obtained their citizenship.
I hope this clarifies your question.
This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.
frantzgregory and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you