How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7660
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

I want to apply spouse visa to join me and my son who is 4 in the UK. I am a British

This answer was rated:

I want to apply for a spouse visa to join me and my son who is 4 in the UK. I am a British national I meet the financial requirement and have amortgage. My husband already visits twice a year. There is a question about "are there any issues in relation to the welfare or best interest of your child in the uk to consider? What does this mean and how should we answer it?
Because I meet the financial requirement my annual salary is £27900 and I have been in the same employment since 2008. I also have a rental property do I need to also include this on the form as an extra source of income, as I would prefer not to add it as gathering the evidence for it would be extra hassle?
Hi, Thanks for your question. Where is your child at the moment and where has he been living for the recent past?Kind regards,Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He was born in the uk and lives with me
Okay. Does he have any welfare issues, developmental issues or medical issues?Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** answer now.
Hi Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.If there are no such issues in terms of welfare to consider then you do not need to list these here.Presumably you consider that it would be in the best interests of your child for your wife to be in the UK to help bring up your child. Therefore, in this section you should state that the child does not have any prejudicial welfare issues, but you consider that it would be in the best interests of your son to have their mother in the uK in order to be fully active in his development and upbringing.You should state that the child would benefit hugely from having his mother immediately available in the UK to care for the child and that this should be take in to consideration.The reality is that if you meet the eligibility criteria and did not state the above then your application would still be approved but it sometimes helps to put flesh on the bones of the application. My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question. Kind regards,Tom
Thomas and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Excellent Thank You
You're welcomeTom