How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alice H Your Own Question
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor Advocate
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2907
Experience:  Solicitor of England and Wales
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Alice H is online now

In 1995 i signed a statutory declaration. How do i find the

This answer was rated:

In 1995 i signed a statutory declaration. How do i find the record if not can i apply again for it?
My name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. What was the stat dec about?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Changing my name
A name change is usually done by deed poll - often this is lodged with a court although there is no requirement to do so. If you lodged yours then you might be able to get a copy from the court but 20 years having passed it might no longer be available. There is no harm is doing another deed poll / stat dec for a name change if the original cannot be found.
Alice H and 2 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.