How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 766
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

My friend has applied in the UK as the spouse

Customer Question

My friend has applied for settlement in the UK as the spouse of a UK citizen. She has applied via the 5-year route and has reached the halfway stage (2 and a 1/2 years). What do they have to do now? Do they have to fill in the whole application again? or is there another form they have to fill in? And how much will UHF next stage cost? please help.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 2 years ago.
HelloThank you for your enquiry.Your friend will need to apply for an extension of stay i.e a whole application again using form FLR (M). The fee for a single applicant is £649. Your friend will also have to pay the health surcharge. If you mean premium service, you pay extra £400 on top of the standard application fee. **********************************************************************This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
But surely my friend has already paid and they have all the basic info (e.g. Birth, marriage Cerys. Etc.) does she really have to fill the whole FLR (M) form in again?? And pay for the privilege? Isn't there a quicker way?
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately that's not how UK immigration applications for visas work.