How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 0
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I am an illegal immigrant residing in the U.K since 2004,i

Customer Question

i am an illegal immigrant residing in the U.K since 2004,i stay with my girl friend that has just been given a 2 and half residency,she got it through her daughter that she had with a british citizen.She is presently pregnant with my child,do i stand a chance of being given a residency after our baby is born?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i am a Nigerian.
Expert:  Waleed Hassan replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your query. As your partner does not have indefinite leave to remain or is a British citizen you will not be able to satisfy article 8 of the rules. Even if your child is born in the UK, your child will not be a holder of indefinite leave to remain or be British. Therefore, you will not be able to satisfy Appendix FM (Family Member) rules. However, you may be able to make detailed representation under article 8 outside of the rules . You are asking for the home office to consider your case exceptionally. You will need to make detailed representation to the home office and I suggest that you see a qualified representative to assist you with this. I hope this helps and please do rate my answer. Regards ***** *****