How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 780
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

Both me and my wife are born overseas but are irish nationals

Customer Question

Both me and my wife are born overseas but are irish nationals now by naturalisation we have moved to UK in 2013 ,my daughter was born in UK in 2014 .can we apply for UK passport for her and how to do that
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 2 years ago.
HelloThank you for your enquiry. Your daughter is does not acquire British citizenship simply because she was born in the UK unless there is a parental link to a person settled in the UK (settled means to have indefinite leave to remain in the UK). *********************************************************************This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank you for your answer. i have another question. when can we apply for british nationality,after how many years for European citizens .is it 3 or 6 years.
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 2 years ago.
Hello After 5 years of exercising treaty rights as a qualified person you can apply for permanent residence.