How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 769
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

I am filling form FLR(FP) to renew my BRP granted to me

Customer Question

Hi, I am filling form FLR(FP) to renew my BRP granted to me two-and-half years ago as a parent of a british child whom I have access to. The child lives with special guardians and I have regular contact with him.
I currently live with my partner who is a british citizen and she has two british children. Obviously, my application for further leave to remain does not depend on my partner or her children.
I have completed the form about me and my child who I contact but do not live with.
Do I have to complete section 7 of the form about partner and section 9 about my partner's child?
5.4 My partner’s children are in social services foster care since 04 December 2015. Do I have to fill in information about them as also living in the property?
5.9 How do I complete the public funds section? Partner has received some public funds:
--(WTC and Housing benefit) but all stopped when my income went up.
--(CTC) but it was stopped when the children went into care.
SECTION 7 I am applying for leave as a parent. Do I have to complete all that about partner?
9.1 Do I have to fill in all information about my partner’s children?
9.3 What address do I have to give about partner’s children?
15.3 I am applying for leave as a parent. Do I have to include partner’s documents?
15.4 Do I have to include child’s documents?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 2 years ago.
HelloSection 7 says you must complete section 7 if you have a partner in the UK. Section 9 also says section 9 should be completed by those who have children in the UK. If the form ask to provide details of each person living in the property, then you should. You should not say they live with you, if they do not. For the remaining sections of the form, read the instructions on the form and follow the guidance document. If in doubt put all your circumstances in a covering letter. If you are finding it difficult to fill the form, you should seek help outside of JA. *********************************************************************This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.