How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 768
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

Is it possible to extend a 6 month domestic worker visa in

Customer Question

Is it possible to extend a 6 month domestic worker visa in the UK ? Hoping to bring our housekeeper/nanny ( Filipino) back to Belfast with us as my husband and I both work . Ideally hoping to bring her for 1 year . Please help!
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We are currently living in Dubai - relocating home to Belfast in June . Our housekeeper has been working with us for 5 years , has looked after our children since birth . We will be starting a business in the UK hence we need her to come with us .
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 2 years ago.
HelloThank you for your enquiry It is not allowed for those on a domestic visa route to stay in the UK beyond 6 months or to extend their visas beyond 6 months. However, an application for extension is only allowable so that the total is 6 months if your original visa was for less than 6 months.I hope this clarifies your question. **********************************************************************This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.