How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 964
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

My Nigerian partner & I are not married yet (and cannot because

This answer was rated:

My Nigerian partner & I are not married yet (and cannot because my divorce from my previous wife is not finalised), but we have two children together, both of whom have British passports. We have never live in the UK together yet. Give the current state of the oil industry in which I work, I want to consider sending my Nigerian partner & our two children back to the UK for a few years (rent a house or possibly purchase one) while I continue to try to find expatriate employment with my company, or another company. My partner has had many UK visitors visa before but these are expired and she has a new Nigerian passport issued as her previous one expired last year. Can you please advise what kind of UK visa we can apply for that would allow her to return to the UK , near my parents & my sister, for a period of more than just the normal 3 month visitor status?
HelloThank you for your enquiry. To apply for a family based visa, which sounds like what you want, you must be settled and present in the UK. You must meet the financial requirement and a number of other requirements. Any previous relationship must have been broken down permanently. I am afraid unless you are returning to the UK to work and settle and your wife and children to join, the only option available is through the visitors route. **********************************************************************This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is a family visa the only option? My company wants to transfer me to Abu Dhabi but I cannot take my partner to the UAE without us being married. I don't want my children going back to Nigeria either so I was seriously thinking that the kids, being British (and can carrying my name) could go back to the UK & that their mother might gain an "extended social visa" to remain there with them while I take the only job I can find at the current difficult time. We have many years of "common law spouse" letters from the British High Commision in Malaysia to support her annually renewed Malaysian multiple entry social visa to remain her with me. Can we not do something similar in the UK for a year or two until my divorce to my French wife is finalised and I can legally marry my Nigerian partner? Do you know of any other options? Thank you
Hello I am happy to answer further questions when the answer to the first has been rated. Thank you.
frantzgregory and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry, not sure how this "just answer" works.
HelloThe only other option available is through the visitors route.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
On a social visa does she have to leave the country every 3 months or can she get an a multpiple entry social visa valid for a few years, as the mother of British Citizen children? It is almost 100% confirmed that I may have to work in Abu Dhabi & I cannot take her with me BUT I could rotate in & out of the U.K. from July onwards...
Hello There is an option to apply for multiple entry visitor's visa.