How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 770
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

I am a non EEA family member of an EEA national with a 5 year

This answer was rated:

I am a non EEA family member of an EEA national with a 5 year permit and I am working continuously .i received a 2 years suspended sentence for a crime do I get deported when my sentence ends if not what visa can I apply for if my 5 years residence card ends
HelloThank you for your enquiry.Being a family member of an EEA national exercising treaty rights, there would be a strong argument against deporting you after your suspended sentence. You would have to pose a genuine, present and sufficiently serious threat taking into account your personal conduct for you to be deported. EEA nationals and their family members are accorded further protection against deportation. However, there can be no cast iron guarantee. After 5 years you can apply for permanent residency if you meet the requirements. **********************************************************************This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.
HelloAre you satisfied with my answer?
frantzgregory and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you