How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 823
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

HiI want to apply first British Passport.I have

This answer was rated:

HiI want to apply for my first British Passport.I have been told by a friend that I need to apply for Naturalisation as a British Citizen.My position is as follows:1. I am a 40 year old woman from Poland2. I obtained my Accession State Worker Registration Card on 16th August 2004 (issue date) and have continued to work for my Employer to date3. I have not had more than 450 days outside the UK or more than 90 days in the last 12 months4. Have no criminal recordsCan you tell me if I am eligible to receive a passport?I have looked at “Form AN” and guidance notes but still not sure of my eligibility.I look forward to hearing from you soon.Kind regards
HelloThank you for your enquiry. In order to apply for naturalisation you will need to provide evidence certifying permanent residency. Once you have been naturalised and attended the citizenship ceremony then you can apply for your first passport. *********************************************************************This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What evidence would suffice for my circumstances to certify permanent residency? Are points 2, 3 and 4 in my earlier message sufficient?
HelloI am happy to answer further questions once you have rated the first if you would be so kind.
frantzgregory and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
HelloIn general an applicant is expected to provide evidence that they have been exercising treaty rights as a worker throughout the relevant period e.g employment contracts, letters from employer, payslips, P60s, bank statements etc.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, thanks
You are welcome