How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 843
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

My boyfriend have been in the Uk than 5 years

This answer was rated:

Hi, my boyfriend have been in the Uk for more than 5 years and he applied for a visa but got declined, his parents wanted us to get marry so that he can get a marriage visa. But that's not really what I wanted to do because I'm still young ,but I do want him to stay. Is there any other way to solve this problem? Thank you.
HelloThank you for your enquiry.If you and your partner have been in a genuine and subsisting relationship for at least 2 years, he can apply under the unmarried route. You shouldn't get married because you want to obtain a visa for your partner that may be seen as trying to circumvent the law and you are right not to. **********************************************************************This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We have been together for 4 years but we have no proper evidence showing that since I'm only 20 and he's 23.
HelloI am happy to answer further questions when the first has been rated if you would be so kind.
frantzgregory and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
HelloThe type of evidence that are generally required are, photos together, statements from friends and family, holiday pictures together with travel tickets, joint accounts, bills in both names if living together or individual names with same address, emails, texts messages etc You will also be expected to be earning at least £18,600.