How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 770
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

I would Like to ask about getting married in the Uk as foreign

This answer was rated:

I would
Like to ask about getting married in the Uk as foreign visitor. Im from
Philippines and my fiance is from saudi arabia, we are in london and we wanted to get married here. Is it possible to get married here while on visit only?
HelloThank you for your enquiry.You are not permitted to get married on a general visitor's visa unless you were granted a marriage visa. **********************************************************************This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Both of us are not from london, we r just here as tourist. Still we need marriage visa?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
To get a marriage visa, what are the requirements?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We r just thinking to get married in london and then we'll go back to our country. By the end of this month. Is it possible? And could you please give me suggestions and recommendations how to get married here in london?
HelloI am happy to answer further questions if my first answer is rated if you would be so kind.
frantzgregory and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
HelloThere is a specific visa called marriage visa, which permits visitors to get married in the UK for those with the intention of leaving the UK after their marriage. If you have a "standard" visitor's visa, you will not be permitted to marry. In order to get the marriage visa, you will need to make an application from your home country.The requirements include the usual standard visitor visa requirements, an intention to give notice of marriage or to actually marry and that any arrangements made are not a sham.