How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7673
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

If my spouse wants to apply Visit Visa and come to

This answer was rated:

If my spouse wants to apply for a Visit Visa and come to visit me in the United Kingdom for a few months and the return home, would that be allowed and what are the general requirements?
Hi Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.There is nothing preventing your wife from applying for a visit visa, but most applicants in circumstance where their spouse is already in the UK generally find it more difficult to get a visit visa. This is because the home office is suspcisuious that the visitor spouse will attempt to stay beyond the visit visa and become an overstayer. The eligibility criteria for a visitor's visa is as follow is that you need to show that:-· You want to visit the UK for no more than six months;· You intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit;· You have enough money to support yourself during your stay in the UK without working or needing help from public funds You have to try and show them that she has continuing obligations in her home country which will continue after the visit and therefore convince them that she is not a risk of overstay because she at present has compelling family and social/work ties to her home country which mean that she will not attempt to secure a permanent stay here whilst she is visiting. Things like a letter from her employer stating she has a job (if he does) and is expected to return to continue that job, return flight tickets, evidence of continuing accommodation (eg. tenancy agreement of evidence of ownership of a property), bank statements showing the money she has available, letters from relatives/friends confirming any obligations she has to them. If you are based in the UK and will assist her during the intended stay you should go to a local solicitor to draft a sponsorship declaration in which you state the terms of the visit, that you are to return at the end of it, that although you are in a relationship with her you both know that she MUST leave at the end of the visit because it would harm the chances of any future application made to secure leave to remain on the basis of that relationship, that you shall accommodate you and shall pay the costs of any unforeseen expenses that should occur during his stay so that nether of you will need to access public funds. Again though, there is the issue of money because she/you must demonstrate that you can afford to support the costs of her visas. In your circumstances, this would probably mean that the gifts would have to be made to your wife’s account for a visit visa (rather than your account) so that she can demonstrate money in her account. My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question. Kind regards,Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What about third party support from a family member?
Hi If they are in the uk then they can either gift money or execute a sponsorship declaration in the same way as you would Please remember to leave feedback Tom
Thomas and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you