How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7673
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

I am Chinese passport-holder who acquired PR (right of residence)

This answer was rated:

Hi-I am Chinese passport-holder who acquired PR (right of residence) by 5 year stay, but have since been away from uk for more than 2 years. How can I recover my PR?thankyou Alan
Hi, Thanks for your question. Do you have family ties to the UK?How old are you and how long did you live the UK please?Kind regards,Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have no family ties to UK , and I lived in UK for 6 years--as student (grad then post-grad) . I will come back to UK as a worker-
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am 27 years old
Hi Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.Because you have been outside of the UK for more than 2 years you would have to apply for a returning residents visa if you wished to return to the UK.The webpage on this is here: You could only apply for this if you intended to return to the UK to live permanently.You will see that because you have been away for more than 2 years you must show: · your strong family ties to the UK· you lived in the UK most of your life Unfortunately, because you have only lived in the UK for a relatively short period of time and do not have any family ties to the UK it’s going to be difficult to apply for this. If you were minded to apply then I would certainly only do so if you are able to instruct a UK based solicitor who would prepare your application /statements/evidence for you to give yourself the best possible chance (which would still only be 50:50. If you were not successful then you would probably have to look at applying for another work visa as any person who had not worked/obtained ILR in the would.I am sorry that this is sobering news. My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question. Kind regards,Tom
Thomas and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thankyou very much--rather as I feared--thankyou fro your expertise--