How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7660
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

My wife is a native of the Philippines with a Philippine

Customer Question

My wife is a native of the Philippines with a Philippine passport. She has lived in the UK for 5 years and now has British citenship with a British passport (dual nationality)She wishes to visit her family in the Philippines for 3 months. Will she be able to exit and re-enter the UK without needing visas?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already received an answer but am willing to wait for the second one to enaure the answers do matchDoug
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Thank you for your patience,
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.If your wife has obtained UK citizenship and holds a UK passport then she has all the rights of any other UK citizen.This includes the right to leave and re-enter the UK whenever she likes because of her citizenship. UK citizenship does not terminate unless a person executes a Deed of Renunciation giving up citizenship. Therefore you wife will be able to leave the UK and re-enter whenever she likes. My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question. Kind regards,Tom