How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 777
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

I have an American girlfriend - we have both been married before

Customer Question

i have an American girlfriend - we have both been married before to other people - we would like to get married in the next few years - all of her children will be 18+ when we marry but are all disabled autistic - she would like them to live here with us when she comes as they all live with her now -
would we be able to do this - if so how do we plan for this
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
should have said i live in the UK
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
seems to be taking a while to get an answer outside of both time limits on the banner
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.
HelloThank you for your enquiry and sorry for the delay in getting a response. I am assuming that you are a British citizen. If the relationship with your girlfriend has been subsisting for at least 2 years and you have all the necessary supporting documents to prove your relationship is genuine and subsisting, there is an option to apply under the unmarried couple route. Please note that all previous marriages must have been ended and you both would be expected to provide divorce certificates. Otherwise you may wait until you both get married and she applies as a spouse. If your girlfriend's children are under 18 they should be included as dependents. As part of an unmarried partner application or any family-based application under Appendix FM, you would be regarded as the sponsor and you would be required to meet the financial requirement for your girlfriend and all her children under 18. Once your girlfriend's children are over 18, they would have the option to make their application under the adult dependent relatives route. **********************************************************************This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.