How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 765
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

I was living in the UK 7 years legally. I was deported

Customer Question

I was living in the UK for last 7 years legally. I was deported from the uk for a criminal offence. Can I seek asylum in the Uk?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was deported to Sri Lanka due to Money Laundering offence. Now I am having life threat in my country. So i thought of coming back to UK with my wife and daughter. Please advise whether its possible.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please advice me whether to seek asylum in the UK in this situation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please advice me whether I can seek asylum in the UK in this situation.
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.
HelloThank you for your enquiry. Anyone who has a well founded fear of being persecuted for one of the following convention reasons e.g. because of their race, religion, nationality, political opinion or being a member of a particular social group can make a claim for asylum. Asylum claims must be made in person at the port of entry or by appointment in Croydon. I note that you committed a serious criminal offence in the UK. Those who have committed a serious non-political crime within the UK and prior to being admitted into the UK are excluded from the Refugee Convention protection. If there is a deportation order made against you and it is extant, you would not be eligible to enter the UK unless the deportation order is revoked. You can apply to revoke a deportation order at any time. A deportation order will not be revoked unless it would be contrary to the Human Rights Convention or the Refugee Convention, or where there are other compelling and exceptional circumstances. Please note that the revocation of a deportation order only make a person eligible to apply for admission into the UK, it does not give any entitlement to enter the UK. **********************************************************************This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As per your answer I do know that I cannot enter UK until the deportation order is revoked but now I m already in the UK. We entered UK illegally due to the life threat we had in our country. So can I seek assylum now. Please advise.
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.
HelloI am happy to answer further questions when the first answer has been rated.