How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 770
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

I am a British citizen and my husband is from South Africa

Customer Question

Hi, I am a British citizen and my husband is from South Africa and moved to the uk on his first spousal 2.5yr visa last year. We are both working and understand that we have to also meet the 18600 threshold for his next application before finally applying for indefinite leave after 5 years. My husband has a very good job as a general manager and exceeds this threshold however for the first visa only my income could be calculated. Please could you confirm that for the second visa his income can be calculated or only mine as I am looking to reduce my hours to part time as we have two babies under 3 years age. If I reduce my hours my salary will know longer be above 18600 so I want to make sure my husbands can be calculated before I reduce my hours.
Kind regards
Katy and Marius Jooste ***@******.***
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Thank you for your patience,
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.
Hello Thank you for your enquiry. Where an applicant is in the UK with permission to work, they can combine their income with their partner's employment income to meet the financial requirement. However both employment incomes can only be calculated either as a category A employment or a category B employment. The financial requirement does not apply to children who are British citizens. **********************************************************************This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.