How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 770
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

HiI am a british citizen who is now applying

This answer was rated:

HiI am a british citizen who is now applying for a certificate of entitlement/ right of abode for my child born outside UK. Is the ROA same as settlement visa- child or other dependant relative settled status?
HelloThank you for your enquiry. At the time of your child's birth were you already a British citizen? When was your child born. When did you acquire British citizenship? Are you married to the child's mother?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I am a british citizen. My child was born on 06.12.15. I acquired the citizenship on 12.09.11. I am the mother of the child. father is an indian passport holder.
Your child is a British citizen by law there is no registration required. You should apply for your child's British passport. You will be asked to provide evidence of your British citizenship. Please can you rate before you leave. Thank you very much.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you please explain what is certificate of entitlement for? I do not have time to apply for british passport and I have taken an Indian passport for my baby and need to see which category visa can I get for the baby.
I am happy to answer further questions when the first has be rated.
frantzgregory and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
A certificate of entitlement is proof of son's right of abode for UK immigration control purposes. It is not the same as a settlement visa. If the application asks to declare your son's nationality, you must do so.