How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 780
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

HiSo I a british citizen, i do not want to take british

Customer Question

HiSo I a british citizen, i do not want to take british passport for my child..He has indian passport...but has to travel with me. need a certificate of entitlement stamped in his passport. Is it same as settlement visa? And do I declare his nationality as british in it?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.
A certificate of entitlement is proof of son's right of abode for UK immigration control purposes. It is not the same as a settlement visa. If the application asks to declare your son's nationality, you must do so.