How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 838
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

Good afternoon I have residence card visa of EEA

This answer was rated:

Hello, good afternoon I have residence card visa of EEA family member 5 years, that expires in oct 2016 Do I have to wait this visa to expire to apply for my residence card? or can I apply now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
sorry the correct visa I want to apply now is EEA (PR) - Can I aply now? Or I need to wait until October?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have been in Uk since 2009 first with student visa and renewed for residence card visa of EEA family member 5 years
Hello Thank you for your enquiry. You would need to show evidence establishing 5 years of continuous residence under EU regulations as a family member, which will be tied to the evidence that your spouse was exercising treaty rights during the same 5 year period. You should apply before expiry and when you have completed 5 years.
frantzgregory and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you