frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

I'm starting a divorce.My wife is Thai.We still live together

HI,I'm starting a divorce.My wife is Thai.We still live together with 3 children.The 8 y I'm the father,the other 2 I'm step father.(13y/16y).My wife want to go back to Thailand with the daughter (13y).The boy(16y) want to stay with me.
My wife and the two children that I'm step father have a resident card till 2019.
Can the boy decide to stay ?
Carlo
HelloWhat type of residence card does your 16 year old son have. What is your nationality?Are you in employment?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He has the same resident card of the mother that she got as wife of an EEU(I'm Italian).
Yes I'm in employment
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is a resident card of a family member of an EEA national
Stepchildren are acceptable as family members. However, please note that divorce provides grounds to justify refusing admission to a non-EEA family member on the basis that they are no longer legally a family member. You son may have retained rights of residence.. **********************************************************************This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.