How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 830
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

My son is a british citizen living in pakistan. He's employed

This answer was rated:

My son is a british citizen living in pakistan. He's employed as a carer for his grandmother. Can he bring his wife and son here on the basis of the money he is earning there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
His wife is not a british citizen. He is unable to come here at the moment because he is looking after his grandmother. But he wants to apply for his wife's visa so they can come here together as a family in the future.
HelloThank you for your enquiry.Yes if he meets two requirements under Appendix FM if his employment has been for 6 months or more:1. If he is in employment overseas at the time of his application and paid throughout the 6 months period a gross annual income which meets the financial requirement threshold of at least £18,6002. He has a confirmed offer for a job in the UK starting within 3 months of his return If he has been in overseas employment for less than 6 months then 1. He must be in employment at the time of his application and he can count his gross annual income to meet the financial requirement threshold of £18,6002. In the 12 months prior to the date of his application he has received a gross income of at least £18,600 **********************************************************************This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
His father has been paying him for looking after his mother. Will that be accepted as an income?
I am happy to answer further questions when the first has been rated.
frantzgregory and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you