How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7673
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

Good afternoon. I am from outside of EU. Have British husband.

This answer was rated:

Good afternoon. I am from outside of EU. Have British husband. 3 years in the country. Now we have problems in the relationship. Is any way to stay in Britain after divorce if it happens?
I am working.
Thank you
Hi, Are there any children of the relationship?Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.Unfortunately, if you have not obtained indefinite leave to remain after being in the UK for 5 years then your right to be in the UK will cease once the home office are aware that your marriage has broken down.This means that if you wish to stay in the UK then you must pro-actively look at other visas that you can apply for.I assume that you do not have access to £200, 000.00 to invest in uk business that you will run, but please let me know if you do.I also assume that you are not a world-rocognised leader in your employment field and that you propose to work (not study) in the UK.This being the case most people apply for a Tier 2 Sponsored Skilled Worker visaThis means that you would be looking at applying under the Tier 2 Sponsored Skilled Workers Visa provisions. You will have to see if there is a job that you could do in the UK on the shortage occupation list:- If your job is not on this list then this means that you employer would have to apply to become a licensed sponsor of skilled migrants and also confirm to the home office that they have carried out a the Resident Labour Market Test. This test is effectively to show that their are no resident/eea national in the locality that can perform your role,.You would have to then secure a job offer from a UK employer who is or would become a licensed sponsor of skilled migrants:- If you are able to find a job, get a sponsor for the visa and meet the eligibility criteria then you could apply for this visa. Apart from that your options are very slim. My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question. Kind regards,Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. You been very helpful
You're welcome. Please do remember to rate my answer. Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will need to leave country after we apply for divorce or just. After it happen?
If I will go to another merrige, I will need to start all from beginning?
Hi, The home office will curtail your visa when they find out about the breakdown. If your husband advises them then they will curtail, but obviously I cannot predict when/if he does this. If you are seeking to secure your stay in the UK then I would avoice travelling outside of the UK until you have. If you remarry an EEA national, UK national or foreign national having a visa or leave to remain in the UK then you may be able to get a visa on the basis of your new marriage but you will have to convince the home office that the new marriage is based on a loving relationship. Please do remember to rate my answer. Tom
Thomas and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you